How do I register?
To register for the Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) please follow these 2 steps:
- complete the MBSR Registration form at the bottom of this page
- make payment via eventbrite, e-transfer, by cheque or by cash.
Please note that your registration is only complete after we have received your payment.
For questions about registration please call 647 865 8955.
NOTE: Please do not share any information on the registration form that you deem to be sensitive in nature. While all the information you submit will be kept confidential by the facilitators, submission of the form online or by email is not considered to be a secure form of communication. If you need to communicate information of sensitive nature, please contact us by phone at 647 865 8955.
What payment methods are accepted?
Payments are accepted by eventbrite (click here), e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org, by cheque payable to Mihaela Dirlea or by cash.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Yes. At the end of the program you will be issued an individualized certificate of completion of the MBSR program.
Can the program be covered by my health insurance?
Yes. The program is co-facilitated by a Registered Social Worker (MSW) and may be covered by your health insurance provider if your coverage includes social work (MSW). We recommend that you confirm your specific insurance details before you register.
Here are some questions you could consider asking when you call your health insurance provider:
- Does my plan cover group mental health services delivered by a Registered Social Worker (MSW)?
- What is the total amount covered per year?
- What is the amount I still have available to spend this year?
- What is the total amount covered per session?
- How many sessions per year does my plan cover?
- If I have to miss a session, does my plan still cover the cost of that session?
- Is there a deductible for each session?
- Is a physician referral required?
What is the deadline to register for this program?
The registration deadline is Wednesday February 6 2019. After this date, you cannot register for this program.
If I can no longer attend the program, can I receive a refund?
If you cancel your registration before the Early Bird deadline (January 4 2019), you will receive a full refund. If you cancel your registration after the orientation session (February 8 2019), you will receive a refund of your registration cost with the exception of a non-refundable fee of $50. If you cancel your registration after the first session (February 15 2019), you will receive a refund of half (50%) of your program fee. If you cancel your registration after the second session (February 22 2018), you will receive no refund.
If I know I have to miss a session, can I receive a refund for the session missed?
Unfortunately no. The program fees must be paid in full even if you will miss sessions.
Can anyone take this program?
Generally, yes. However, there are some specific cases in which we recommend that you do not take this program and seek medical attention from your Primary Health Care Provider, a local Walk-In Clinic, or a local Emergency Department for assessment/treatment. Please see below for list of contraindications.
1. Struggling with Severe Depression (e.g. persistent low mood associated with changes in appetite, sleep, concentration, etc., thoughts of suicide or wishing to be dead, etc.).
2. Suicidality/ Suicidal Ideation (e.g. thinking about or being preoccupied with thoughts of killing oneself, serious consideration or plan to kill oneself, recent suicide attempt, etc)
3. Active substance misuse OR individuals in addiction recovery for less than 1 year. (e.g. frequent use of alcohol, marijuana, prescription drugs (above recommended dosage or without a prescription), cocaine, heroine, amphetamines, etc. and experiencing difficulty discontinuing, experiencing withdrawal when reducing/stopping, feeling out of control in using, etc.).
4. Symptoms of Active Psychosis (e.g. seeing things other people cannot see, hearing things other
people cannot hear, having a persistent fear that someone is out to get you or is planning to harm you, etc.).
5. Recent Trauma or recent diagnosis of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Previous Trauma or diagnosis of PTSD, if active symptoms are present (e.g. re-experiencing the trauma when re-calling the trauma, flashbacks, nightmares; emotionally disconnected/numb to the trauma; avoidance of persons, places, and activities that are reminders of the trauma; difficulty concentrating, sleeping, easily angered, etc,) AND/OR you have not been assessed/treated by a psychologist, psychotherapist, or psychiatrist for the trauma.
6. Presence of Social Anxiety, Severe Chronic Pain, or other condition (mental or physical) only if it interferes with your ability to participate in the group program.
Please note that the MBSR program is not being offered as a medical or psychological treatment and should not replace such.
We acknowledge the history, spirituality, culture, and stewardship of the land of the Indigenous people of this region, the Huron-Wendat and Petun First Nations, the Seneca, and most recently, the Mississaugas of the Credit River.
We seek to live in respect, peace, and right relations with them as we live, work, and worship upon their traditional territory.