What payment methods are accepted?
Payments are accepted by eventbrite, INTERAC e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org, by cheque payable to Mihaela Dirlea or by cash.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Yes. At the end of the program you will be issued an individualized certificate of completion of the MBSR program.
Can the program be covered by my health insurance?
Yes. The program is co-facilitated by a Registered Social Worker (MSW, RSW) and may be covered by your health insurance provider if your coverage includes social work (MSW, RSW). We recommend that you confirm your specific insurance details before you register. We offer direct billing for Green Shield members.
Here are some questions you could consider asking when you call your health insurance provider:
- Does my plan cover group mental health services delivered by a Registered Social Worker (MSW, RSW?
- What is the total amount covered per year?
- What is the amount I still have available to spend this year?
- What is the total amount covered per session?
- How many sessions per year does my plan cover?
- If I have to miss a session, does my plan still cover the cost of that session?
- Is there a deductible for each session?
- Is a physician referral required?
What is the deadline to register for this program?
The registration deadline is April 1 2020. After this date, you cannot register for this program.
If I can no longer attend the program, can I receive a refund?
If you cancel your registration before the Early Bird deadline (March 15 2020), you will receive a full refund. If you cancel your registration before the frist session (April 5 2020), you will receive a refund of your registration cost with the exception of a non-refundable fee of $50. If you cancel your registration after the first session (April 5 2020), you will receive a refund of half (50%) of your program fee. If you cancel your registration after the second session (April 11 2020), you will receive no refund.
If I know I have to miss a session, can I receive a refund for the session missed?
Unfortunately no. The program fees must be paid in full even if you will miss sessions.
Can anyone take this program?
Generally, yes. However, there are some specific cases in which we recommend that you do not take this program and seek medical attention from your Primary Health Care Provider, a local Walk-In Clinic, or a local Emergency Department for assessment/treatment. Please see below for list of contraindications.
1. Struggling with Severe Depression (e.g. persistent low mood associated with changes in appetite, sleep, concentration, etc., thoughts of suicide or wishing to be dead, etc.).
2. Suicidality/ Suicidal Ideation (e.g. thinking about or being preoccupied with thoughts of killing oneself, serious consideration or plan to kill oneself, recent suicide attempt, etc)
3. Active substance misuse OR individuals in addiction recovery for less than 1 year. (e.g. frequent use of alcohol, marijuana, prescription drugs (above recommended dosage or without a prescription), cocaine, heroine, amphetamines, etc. and experiencing difficulty discontinuing, experiencing withdrawal when reducing/stopping, feeling out of control in using, etc.).
4. Symptoms of Active Psychosis (e.g. seeing things other people cannot see, hearing things other
people cannot hear, having a persistent fear that someone is out to get you or is planning to harm you, etc.).
5. Recent Trauma or recent diagnosis of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Previous Trauma or diagnosis of PTSD, if active symptoms are present (e.g. re-experiencing the trauma when re-calling the trauma, flashbacks, nightmares; emotionally disconnected/numb to the trauma; avoidance of persons, places, and activities that are reminders of the trauma; difficulty concentrating, sleeping, easily angered, etc,) AND/OR you have not been assessed/treated by a psychologist, psychotherapist, or psychiatrist for the trauma.
6. Presence of Social Anxiety, Severe Chronic Pain, or other condition (mental or physical) only if it interferes with your ability to participate in the group program.
Please note that the MBSR program is not being offered as a medical or psychological treatment and should not replace such.